Sunday 4 October 2015

A Thank You Note - Transpiring boundaries

0

Image copyright: Pankhuri      Location: Waterstones, Gower Street, London, United Kingdom      Taken on: October 4, 2015

It has been almost two years since I started distributing thank you notes (More information on A Thank You Note).


I distribute hand-made thank you notes to people who through their services contribute in making our lives better. It is a ritual for me now. 
I shifted to London for further studies two weeks ago. And I continued this ritual here as well. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I have received the same amount of blessings, love, and happiness from people I distributed them to.
A small random act of kindness has immense power to spread a little more happiness in this world, only if we believe in it and commit to sustaining it. This is my contribution in making this world a more happy place. No, it isn't a selfless act. I am selfish because I am addicted to seeing the love and happiness in the eyes of people I distribute these notes to.

****

As I handed a thank you note to the person at the billing counter, he immediately stuck it on his desk and said, "You are such a kind artist. Keep clicking whatever you want to in this bookstore."
And then we had a long interesting chat, joined by some other people as well. 
Acts of kindness make us value and live life, the way it is meant to be lived. Isn't this what we are here for?

:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment