Tuesday 22 December 2015

A Night To Remember!

1

(Disclaimer: I am not good at describing events through words. I am writing this one because I want to make this experience a part of my blog:D)

Some days in life make us feel our existence in a very special way. These are the days which make us believe that we have definitely done something good to deserve all the love and care from our friends and family. Honestly speaking, these are the days which increase our faith in OUR BEING.

Like many young (or not so young:D) students coming to a foreign country to study, I too have a bucket list. One of the things-to-do in that list was to wear a saree and dance on the streets of London. Thanks to my 'partner in madness' Surabhi, we decided to make it happen one fine night. I even wrote it down in my planner. I was so excited!

Saree in London - Check!
The day arrived. Thanks to Devina, Surabhi and I wore the saree almost perfectly. I couldn't stop thanking my parents for the beautiful saree. I immediately clicked a picture and sent it to them. Thanks again to Devina for this. Devina was looking stunning in a salwar suit gifted by her Mom, one of the prettiest I have ever seen. We were feeling beautiful inside out. The excitement had reached sky high and we couldn't stop smiling. 

Subsequently, Amish, Devina, Sara, Surabhi and I stepped out. We decided to walk instead of taking a bus. All of them were very considerate in asking Surabhi and me if we were comfortable walking in a  saree. We remarked proudly - Yes we are!



Pretty Us! :-)






Even cars slowed down in front of us and people (both men and women) complimented us - pretty ladies. There was no limit to the happiness and excitement that this experience accorded us.











At the Mexican Restaurant!

Then, we stepped into a mexican restaurant in Covent Garden. Thanks to Sara for taking us there. The food was utterly delicious. 









The Surprised And Happy Me :-)


As we finished the food, the restaurant staff came with a desert and placed it in front of me and everyone started singing happy birthday. I thought it was a mistake. My birthday is on 15th August and not 19th December. I was so surpirsed that I was almost about to cry. 














Being Wished On A Day That Is Not Your
Birthday Feels Better Than Bing Wished On
Your Real Birthday :D
Then I blew the candle and we all enjoyed the desert together. In that moment, it felt like being with family. Later, Devina told me that it was Amish's idea. Since none of us was in London on my birthday, so they decided to celebrate it now, just randomly. Until the time I stepped out of the restaurant, everyone was wishing me happy birthday. I was taking full advantage of the attention I was getting by thanking all. My excitement had crossed the limits that the immortal sky has to offer!

I couldn't stop saying - It is my birthday!








It Couldn't Get Any Better - At My Favourite Place In
The Entire World - SOAS <3



We then stepped out and started walking, singing and randomly dancing. We went dancing at a gay bar in Soho, a Spanish rumba place on Oxford Street and walked through my college, SOAS. It was like everything was perfect that night. All the elements of my life that meant the most to me - were coming together in just one night!




Our other friends, Juhi, Rishi, Dhruv and Viha joined us in between. Then we sat amidst the lightning in peace at Russell Square. Thanks to Amish for this. It was beautiful. I am going there again for sure. At one point, amidst all of this, Devina and I just stood amidst the crowd in some random street, closed our eyes and felt the wind and the noise. The 'I love you zindagi' moment for us! It was as if the entire word inside us had stopped while the world outside us was moving at its fastest pace. Even though we couldn't match it's speed, we had no inclination to do so. We were at peace with ourselves.

The People Who Stayed From Beginning Till The End :D
Thanks to Devina's 'I love you zindagi' moments, Surabhi's 'partner in madness' inclination, Sara's choice of amazing food and Amish's surprise and spectacular choice of places, it was a night that not only checked a lot of things on my bucket list, but also made me feel my existence in a  very special way. 

I might not always express as most people can. Moreover, now with my spectacles, maybe it is more tough to read me (:D). But, I want each one of you to know that I truly value and treasure these moments of togetherness.

Thank You, Dil Se! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Subhanallah

    Tujhko dikhaaun main zara, haaye re
    Ik ankahi si daastaan daastaan
    Kehne lagega aaina Subhanallah...

    ReplyDelete