Friday 25 December 2015

Happy Birthday Devina!

6

Hi Devina :D

As I sit on my desk at 4:58 a.m., (trying to not sleep because I want to eat the masala dosa with you for breakfast) to write this blog post and then at 2:30 p.m. to update and publish this, the first thing that comes to my mind is - Birthday toh bahana hai tumhara, maze hum sab ne kiye bahut :D

I wanted to post this first thing in the morning but then I also wanted to post this with our group picture at THE POINT. Amish had it and he was sleeping. When he sent it to me, I was sleeping. Hence, the post got a bit late. Anyway, I am happy that it did for otherwise I would not have got the chance to write about all the selfless kindness and the joy of giving whole heartedly that I witnessed this morning during breakfast with you. As I saw you distributing sweets and christmas ornaments to everyone in the mess and wishing them Merry Christmas, I could see and sense an unusual aura of divine happiness on your face. I was smiling all the time unconsciously. I felt so proud and happy telling everybody that - It is her birthday as well! :D Please do not get out of your room without me today because I want everyone to know that it is your birthday as well.  I loved it when people were giving you birthday wishes and blessings and you were staring at me :D You queen of modesty!

Indeed, today has been a spectacular day. Starting from the divine midnight prayer at Saint Paul's Cathedral to finding our way through the routes of the Santander Cycle docks to cycling all the way to Primrose Hill, it was a night to remember. Thank you Devina, for it is because of your birthday that we all could live these moments of togetherness or as you would like to put it - the I love you zindagi moments. :-)

I had a gala time for I could trust each one of you that we will figure out everything. So I was not bothered really and was clicking pictures :D


         




One of the best moments was when Surabhi lay on the footpath and Rishi gave her his jacket. I felt so happy inside - so much care and love in these people. Then the big cap was the highlight of the discussion throughout the night. Or when Amish was ensuring that everybody gets together safely and comfortably. Or when Silky rode off to some random road and then Rishi and Amish found her back. Or when Yadu was so carefully taking care of the bag and he carried it all the way on his bicycle. Or when we all were simply singing and laughing and cracking the world's baddest jokes! Hamara jokes bahut ghinaune hote ja rahe hain. Kuch karna hoga. :D 

How small random moments build memories for a lifetime is something I have always treasured and valued. 






















And then when we did reach the Primrose Hill, I was so happy. I just wanted that beautiful moment to freeze. Oh My God! I am still there at the top of the hill at 3 a.m. sitting with you, Amish, Silky and Surabhi, staring at the sky, the full moon, the bright stars and the beautiful skyline of the city of London! Am I the one experiecing all of this? I still cannot believe this. Thank you so much. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have made it to the top of the hill amidst the not-so tyring bicycle ride and Silky's 'urgent need' (:D). I am glad we did. I still cannot forget the expression on your face when you saw that skyline and those little cup cakes. That moment when you blew the candle and I hugged you, I could hear all that you wanted to say without you even uttering a word. This is friendship.

I don't think I would really write down a post so early in the morning for any other friend baring you and a few others. I want you to know how special you are because of the human being that you are. When I look at you, when I am with you, my faith in being humble, grounded, kind and humane increases manifold. If there is any person in London who I know can never get swayed away by anything, it is you. While the world goes on dancing it's own tunes of blah blah blah, you remain calm amidst the chaos. You are like the sea that endures all the waves with grace and elegance. You are the gum (:D) of our group. I so admire you for being you.

Always stay the same. There is nothing or nobody in this entire world and beyond, that deserves to take that inspiring and beautiful smile off your face. We love you loads and we are so lucky to have you in our lives.

Stay blessed and keep shining - brighter than the stars and the lights of the skyline of London! :D


P.S. Thank you for the holiday present. I won't share the details of that here. Voh thoda personal hai na :D You made our day and the entire year!

P.P.S. Voh card mein spelling mistake mujhse hui thi. Naam mein kya rakha hai yaar vaise bhi. Chodo! :D :D

6 comments:

  1. A W W W awww <3

    It's so beautifully written. Shit I was experiencing all these moments last night? Ahh, see I told you pankhu, there are many more to come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so well written Pankhuri! :D It felt like I was a part of all this :) can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pankuri didi audio msging me and missing me was missed in this article bas :P :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audio messaging wala I did not remember but yes everybody dearly missed you :-)

      Delete