Thursday 2 June 2016

Redemancy and Beyond

0

I remember the first time I came to London eight months ago. Papa came to drop me. Everything seemed new and scary because I had never been outside India before this.

It is strange that in a few months time, this place has become more familiar and home than any other place I have been to in the past 24 years ( and I have lived in atleast 10 different places...so I have a decent number of places to compare this with); the lanes, the streets, the walks, the people, the views, the everything.

And this is not because it is a new country but because of the people, the mentors, the experiences, the encounters, my favorite bookshop, the home I found in SOAS and all the learning this city has accorded me with and the beautiful ways in which it has transformed me. I learnt how learning has no boundaries and that one can never fully know or learn. Life is a continuous struggle between knowing and not knowing enough. I also learnt what it is to be...just be. I learnt that time is just a measure that we pretend to run after. Life is about living in the pauses without any rush whatsoever.

Now that I have a few months left here, I know it will take a very big heart when it is time to leave. And I don't know how to deal with that or the life that awaits after this which is going to be a drastic change from this one (How in the world am I supposed to not visit my favorite bookshop almost every day and read random book titles and get amazed at the wealth of knowledge that resides there, every single time!!).

All I know is that I have 'written this one well' and this one will go down the memory lane as the most epic, crazy and well lived chapter of my life. ☺

A gratitude won't be enough this time. I owe it to what I have learnt here and I will do justice to that no matter where I am next.

Until next time,
Keep seeing through the soul!

:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment