Friday 1 July 2016

'Waiting' for 'Dhanak' - "तू अपना सच मान, मैं अपना सच मानूंगी".

0

Disclaimer: This is the most boring and bizarre post.

This post is the result of watching two spectacular movies one after the other. No, I am not on a holiday (sadly). I have cold. And when I have cold, I can't really sleep. 

So, as I kind of half lie in my bed at around 1:05 AM watching the weather drastically change in a matter of hours through the window of my room, I wonder (as usual). Watching out of the window has been my favourite past time recently. I can do that for hours. Why? I have no idea why I have developed this recent fascination for windows and feet (taking pictures of both out of some foregone musings). Can't do without both!

I can hear the trees wavering in a melody due to the wind, the sound of some vehicles and of course my breath (very vividly) as a result of the cold. But amidst all of this, there is a strange thought as a result of watching the two movies, Waiting and Dhanak. Why do we wait for things, people and us to live, when a little bit of courage can make us walk all the way to a sea of smiles, wishes, dreams and laughter; and as a matter of fact really incredible ones. 

****

In Waiting, as Shiv and Tara wait for their respective partners to heal, they together start seeing life through various perspectives. They laugh, they cry, they get angry and they love, a little more each day. Most of the times, what they preach, do not practice but try to practice. But there comes a point when they do practice, which is when they accept what has dawned upon them as the biggest misery of their lives. This tells us that there is a marked difference between acceptance and real acceptance. Yes, that is the easiest way in which I can put my thoughts forward. Many of us live in illusions. I don't know if that is right or wrong. I too did live in a very big illusion until a while ago. I believed that human trafficking can be eradicated from this world in my lifetime. Ideally, it should be. After all, how can any human being be bought and sold. This is wrong and unacceptable. Gradually, I started accepting that maybe human trafficking will not end in my lifetime. But it was when I really accepted that it will definitely not end in my lifetime, I started taking practical and realistic steps to contribute my part to its ultimate demise.

Was this sudden dawn of reality easy? No it wasn't, it isn't. 

However, the madness and optimism behind the thought that human trafficking will end in my lifetime accorded me the privilege (if I may say) and the courage to keep going. As Pari and Chotu in Dhanak walk all the way to Jaisalmer to meet their hero to get Chotu's vision back, covering more than 300 kms all by themselves amidst a desert (I know it is fictional), one actually traverses many impossible journeys with them - the journeys of all the thoughts and wishes that one always wanted to walk through - of the impossibles - of the courage - of the strength - of the strong will. Where does all of this come from?

****

So is it really necessary to accept reality or is living in an illusion in fact reality?

As I prepare to move to another session of viewing from my window, I leave you all with this bizarre post to find answers. Oh I can now see the lightning! (And then people question why people in Britain talk about the weather all the time). 

I don't really believe that we can find answers, but I do know that all that is needed to traverse those small journeys of faith, courage and hope, lies inside us. See the magic though your heart, capture it in your hands and swallow it inside. Magic will then lie inside you (Translated from Dhanak).

Until next time,
"तू अपना सच मान, मैं अपना सच मानूंगी".

0 comments:

Post a Comment