Monday 27 July 2015

Dear Kalam Sir

4

Dear Kalam Sir

Kuch sapne sone nahin dete....
If it is true that messages can reach the departed souls who are stars in the sky, then today my soul is shouting at the top of its voice to reach you. Even if it is not true, my soul is wishing with the most honest prayers that these words reach you somehow. 

Sir, how do I put in words as to what I am feeling now. I am not sad at your departure. I am glad that you were doing what you were passionate for until your last breath and that you had a peaceful death. But as I write this, my eyes seem to give way to tears, my speech seems to get choked and, words refuse to come out of this keyboard.

Before this day, I didn't even realise that I was so used to live with the ideals of your life, that now that you are not in this world, I feel that a part of me has gone; I feel empty. It was not that you knew me or that we ever met, it is just that I didn't know I was carrying a part of you with me since forever. I wish I didn't know this news. I so wish this dearly today. I will still carry a part of you always, but it won't be the same ever again.

Sir, I want you to know that you will forever remain an inspiration to me, in the truest sense of the words. And this is not for what you have achieved, but for the life you have lead - a passionate and honest soul touching the stars and a humane body firmly grounded on the earth. You are an epitome of simplicity and humility for me. 

They say that when we die, we leave everything behind. Sir, you have left behind a strong legacy of what it means to be a compassionate human being. Because of you, I have faith and hope in my dream to see a world where everybody can live a life of equality and dignity. 

As I write this, I also feel a bit privileged today. This is because today I was taking a session on goal setting with a  bunch of fifteen children who come from very difficult backgrounds. I showed them your story. I can say with pride that there was not even one child who was not left inspired and didn't have that spark in the eyes to touch the stars. I could see a spark of you in each child; the spark which will not fade away, the spark that knows to endure the tests of time, the spark that is eager to touch the skies and, the spark that knows it's roots as well.
Consider this my tribute to you.

Sir, you had profound love for children and strongest faith in their ability to do anything. You always inspired us to believe that no dream is too big if we have faith and passion for what we aim to achieve. And this is why I resonate with you strongly.

I promise you today that I shall always have deepest love and affection for our country, strong will power to never ever give up in the direst of circumstances and, to keep learning and, sharing knowledge until my last breath, with a life lead with simplicity and humility.

And you know what, don't rest in peace. Keep rocking there as well, like you rocked this world until your last breath.

With a heart full of love, respect, affection and gratitude,
Pankhuri :-)

P.S. I will always carry a part of you and therefore this is not the last letter. I will keep bothering you with many such letters in the future. Keep blessing me from up there.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Pankhuri, he will surely read your letter, thanks for putting your feelings on paper and sharing it, as these now are not just your feelings, whosoever reading is resonating with this letter:) Lots of love and gratitude sir, please come back soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gitanjali ji

      Thank you for your warm words. I am sure we all carry the same feelings and a part of him will always reside in us. :-)

      Delete
  2. You know, for a moment that day, I looked at my niece and felt as if she had been deprived of something great.. Something that I had the privilege to have. But then I thought that this isn't true. The example that he has set in the form of his life, the words that he has spoken and written, and the warmth and humility with which he has touched us, will reach and inspire generations to come. Kalams never die. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikita for sharing your beautiful experience. Indeed, Kalams never die. :-)

      Delete