Friday 7 August 2015

Through The Magical Lens!

2

Photography seemed a luxury to me, something that could also be pursued through a phone camera, something which was not really required. After all, I had always tried to hide from the camera; I never liked being clicked. Therefore, I never viewed it as an art until one fine day, my soul fell for the DSLR. That day, the first thought that came to my mind was - "I am really lucky. I seem to have found two callings in one life - Fighting against Human Trafficking and Capturing Emotions and Stories through Photography!"

If fighting against human trafficking is my soul, then photography is the heart which keeps the soul alive.

I want to thank my friend Claire, for introducing me to photography, for letting me use her DSLR even when I did not know a bit about it, and for being after my life to buy one; she even tried to gift me one! Thank God, she didn't. But she did gift an amazing book which satisfied my thirst for the DSLR (until I bought one), and which continues to teach me. Thank you Claire. If you would have not seen 'an eye for the lens' in me, I would have never known that it was going to be the most beautiful part of my life.

Once I bought the DSLR, there was no stopping. Hardik (one of the best Photographers this world has), introduced me to the plethora of things that this magical lens could do. Being a fan of his photography page (Hardik Photography), I had already started to see the world through the lens. His photographs taught me that photography is a powerful medium to express emotions and feelings, to tell stories that need to be told, and to raise awareness on issues that demand attention. And indeed, it is. We can turn the world around with this magical lens; for the good, of course!

From here, my desire to express what my soul saw, got its wings. I aspire to capture all the untold stories and emotions that this world has to offer. I also hope to capture and feel some emotions, which I have not felt before (not sure why). Besides, I intend to use this as a medium to encourage powerful and meaningful discussions around issues that demand attention; all through the soul - ken-sho.

This section of the blog is dedicated to sharing the impressions of the heart, the musings of the soul, and the fulfilling experiences of travelling; all through the magical lens!

:-)

Image Copyright: Pankhuri             Location: Hauz Khas Village, Delhi, India            Taken on: April 28, 2015
Stop.Look.Observe.
"This world looks more magical when we appreciate the beauty around us. 

And we can do that only when we stop and have a little faith; 
weather it is in a dry desert or a dangerous sea."

2 comments:

  1. Such a serene and vivid picture and beautiful caption. :) Looking forward to more posts in this section. :)

    ReplyDelete